BUCKHOLME TOWERS SCHOOL SNACKS AND LUNCHTIME ARRANGEMENTS
We are a nut-free school and we ask that the children do not bring any nuts or products containing nuts into school.
In accordance with UK government guidance, parents may provide their children with a small fruit/vegetable snack for break time. Snacks such as crisps or confectionery should not be provided.
The options for lunch are either parents provide their child with a packed lunch or a two-course lunch can be provided by school. It is not possible to mix the two options in any one term.
PACKED LUNCHES GUIDELINES
The UK government produced packed lunch guidance www.healthylunch.org.uk/government to support the implementation of new school food standards for school lunches and ensure that all children benefit from eating quality food during the school day. The guidelines are:
· One portion of fruit and one portion of vegetable or salad every day to be included in packed lunches
· Meat, fish or another source of non-dairy protein should be included every day. Non-dairy sources of protein include lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas, hummus and falafel
· An oily fish, such as salmon, should be included at least once every three weeks
· A starchy food, such as bread or pasta, rice, couscous, noodles, potatoes or other cereals, should be included every day
· A dairy food, such as semi-skimmed or skimmed milk, cheese, yoghurt, fromage frais or custard should be included every day
· Free, fresh drinking water is available at all times
· Include only water, still or sparkling, fruit juice, semi-skimmed or skimmed milk, yoghurt or milk drinks and smoothies
· Snacks such as crisps should not be included. Instead, include seeds, vegetables and fruit (with no added salt, sugar or fat). Savoury crackers or breadsticks served with fruit, vegetables or dairy food are also a good choice
· Confectionery such as chocolate bars, chocolate-coated biscuits and sweets should not be included. Cakes and biscuits are allowed but these should be part of a balanced meal
· Meat products such as sausage rolls, individual pies corned meat and sausages / chipolatas should be included only occasionally
A two-course lunch is available at a cost of £195 per term, invoiced termly. These are freshly prepared, nutritional meals using locally sourced suppliers. Please see the school website http://www.buckholmetowers.co.uk/new-page/ for details of the 3-week rolling menu.
Please note that cooked lunches are booked for the whole term, and there will be no refunds issued for lunches missed (for any reason).
If you would like your child to have lunch provided by the school, please complete the request below and return it to the school via email email@example.com
REQUEST TO ORDER COOKED LUNCHES
I would like my child to have a lunch provided by the school. I understand that the cost of £195 will be added to my termly invoice and that there will be no refunds for lunches missed.
Child’s Name _______________________________________________ Class: ______________________
Signed: ____________________________________________________ Date: ______________________
(person with parental responsibility)